Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The best of us can find happiness in misery

Hahahaha oh I saw that coming.

Anywho. How goes, universe? We here in Jen's head are exasperated and slightly loopy. My uni in typical fashion first cancelled today's class only to rescedule a short while later. I was in Myer when the email came through telling us to COME BACK!!! (caps and exclamation marks included) so I, being a conscientious student, dragged myself back up to uni. Twenty mintues later I stumble into the room to find my lecturer holding one poor soul hostage. Really, can you imagine, continuing to have a class with only one person there? It's insanity. I sat there being vague and saying general things simply to say something, and the loopy sod kept us there till past four. Two of us! And he's still making us reschedule the class for next week. Bah.

It's sort of ironic since the only reason I was still in the city, and hadn't merely headed home, was so I could do some window shopping and in general just avoid uni work. Everyone else headed back home to start working on their essays/readings/whatever. As such they were well beyond being able to come back for class. Ms. Bludger on the other hand...life's funny that way sometimes.

I was kind of annoyed since I carried this huge bag of books around with me to show as possible examples, and of course we never got around to discussing it. These things only ever happen when you are prepared. When you're not, you can count on someone wanting something from you *shakes head*

It was however my last day of work today. Back on the 27th. This is a bit of a weight off my mind. I've been feeling a bit hard pressed to do everything I need to. I might have to do some uni work while Abs is here, but she's already said she doesn't mind :) See how we go though.

You know what, sometimes fandom just desceneds into the biggest wankery ever. It's almost worse than academic wankery, except you know, still vaguely entertaining. Here's a tip, don't read to much into things ok? Just...let it be. It is what it is, you may not like it, you may think it's lacking, but you nattering on about it won't change that. All you have is what the subject gives you. Should'ves, would'ves, could'ves, none of that matters, only the final output does. Sometimes I think they're so busy seeing what they want to see, believing what they want to believe, that they lose sight of the actual subject. This to me just seems like a wholly new fantasy world, perhaps one should create that instead and stop trying to overwhelm people with your opinion? Just a thought. I don't really like becoming involved in fandoms for precisely this reason, it always goes to shit and it's just too much drama for one person to really stomach. It's not real. It's meant to be entertaining. Stop taking it so seriously. Honestly. I am petrified of one day writing something and having it be subjected to anything like this, kind of makes you wish success like that never comes.

Erm. What else, what else...hmm. Oh, I better check the writer's festival schedule.

Aaaaah! Creepy unexpected picture of Cedric-whats-his-name-robert-dude. Internet! Don't do that! Ugh. I really do not get this guy's appeal. Way over my head.

I got RocknRolla today. Good way to chillax I think.

Music: I don't care - Fall Out Boy
Mood: Sore
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment