Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Let me play among the stars

The last few days have been interesting.

Last night I fucked up the booking for the pub tour by getting the times wrong (I was an hour behind) but as we were already dressed up, we went out anyway. The night kicked off with cocktails at Jacksons before heading to Amo Roma at the Rocks for dinner. Fabulous as always. Abbi and I also found some entertainment in the couple next to us – a British man with a rather scared looking Asian girl who didn’t speak very much English – and it was great fun to sit and gossip in Afrikaans. Second languages FTW. After finishing off our bottle of Pinot Grigio and a divine chocolate mud cake, we decided the night was still young, so up George street we went, back to the Three Wise Monkeys. The band playing last week was so much better, but we were thoroughly entertained by an enthusiastic blacksmith who took a shine to Abbi and his friend. We learned a lot about the finer details of being a blacksmith, a trade I though was dead in this day and age. See, again, every day you learn something new. They were there with a Russian girl originally but sometime during the night she seemed to drift off, leaving just us. Blacksmith guy had a very *cough* interesting dancing technique…Abs has already discussed the evening over at her blog, so perhaps I’ll leave it to her to describe – read it here (yes, I'm lazy).

I rolled out of bed at some ridiculous hour and indulged in a sudden Tennant craving (we’d been watching season 1 the last few days as Abs hadn’t seen it). Who am I to argue with the powers that be? Some season 4 ensued. Sooner rather than later, which often happens when you are still in your pjs well after midday, we had to get ready to head out for the pub tour. As it turned out, only the two of us had signed up for it. Despite my initial misgivings, it was actually a lovely evening. Our guide was very nice and seemed quite content to show us around (at one point he said to a friend who’d rung him that he was with “two girls who’d do anything”) and I think it’s fair to say, we got quite tipsy. Although to all my friends, we really need to go to the Glenmore, it’s got a gorgeous rooftop beer garden absolutely made of win. Note to self. We ended up in some Irish pub having food…our first real meal of the day come to think of it. Cupcakes are not a meal. We finished the last two today. They were every bit as delicious as they looked. I just know that whenever I stop by that cupcake place I will think of Abs. Anyway, we were home in time to catch American Idol on the +2 channel. This is something Abs has gotten me into, simply because Adam Lambert is quite possibly the most adorable thing ever. He also has an amazing voice. Can’t fault that now, can we?

My parents are taking us to the Lowenbrau as a sort of farewell dinner type thing. Much like the blue mountains, my dad has been dying to take Abbi there. Who am I to argue, Em informs me they have fruit beer! Finally! I’ve just been looking for it ever since I’ve gotten back from London *shakes head*

Sigh. I’m really going to miss having Abs around. It’s amazing how easy it is, having her here. You know, having someone to pull faces at while sitting on the couch or watch America’s Next Top Model/Gossip Girl/ Idol with or fall asleep with on the train. I can see myself saying something incomprehensible and turning around only to realise she’s not actually there. I don’t blame her for wanting to go home though. London is so…amazing. I love Sydney, it’s just such a gorgeous city, but London has the vibe, so I totally see why you’d miss that.

On the home front, the wheels are starting to fall off a bit. We got a letter from the landlord today telling us that he’s very sorry, but we have to move. Nice. So now it’s house hunting. My dad is uber depressed about it of course, which is tons of fun, as you can imagine. I’m fairly indifferent. I have had a love/hate relationship with this house for a very long time now and never really formed a strong emotional connection. If anything, I’ve always had a somewhat negative relationship with it. Could be quite fun to live in a new place. The physical moving might not be very enjoyable, but once it’s done, it’s done. I am going to miss my red feature wall though. Anyway, so I guess that’s priority number one now – find new place to live. Reasonable really.

Also, heaps of uni work awaits me. Fuck.

Music: Fly me to the moon - Frank Sinatra
Mood: Sleepy
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You better not be all boozed out missy - cocktails Saturday night!!!

    That's horrible that you're being forced to move. Why??? I like moving too, I find it refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's selling the house, so not much to be done for it.

    ReplyDelete