Saturday, April 4, 2009

We're fated to pretend

UGH. I feel like banging my head repeatedly against a very sturdy surface. I have left Jasper at work. Which means I now have to spend the entire weekend sidekick-less. It's not the first time I've done this, but the previous time I did it over a weekend I was home all weekend anyway and as such, it wasn't felt that much. However, I have to do something with mum and family friends tonight. Normally I breeze throught this as I have the ability to twitter or facebook to my heart's content, but now I'm essentially going in cold. Tomorrow I'm also out, as I'm hanging with Lizzie. I think it's a serious concern how anxious I feel leaving the house without my phone. I feel completely helpless and disconnected and omgwhatamimissing. Symptoms of the modern condition. It's crazy. Stupid technology. You did this to me!

Anyway. I had a half composed blog that I didn't do yesterday cause I'm lazy and was watching Beauty and the Beast instead, but all the wonderful things I wanted to talk about are saved as a draft email on Jasper. So fat lot of good that does me. It'll teach me though. I'm not meant to have him out at work in the first place, but I was getting a lot of messages this morning and it fucks with the work phone if I leave him in my bag.

Epic. Sigh.

Are these Empire of the Sun music videos supposed to remind me of The Mighty Boosh? I saw this one yesterday and kept thinking "they must be looking for the New Sound."

I read the funniest fic this morning, I thought my head was going to explode from supressing my laughter, esp when it got to the bit that said something like "Last time The Master was here he tried to take over the tavern with speaking monkeys. " I don't know why people even attempt to write non-crack fics, it's usually funny anyway, might as well make it intentional. Obviously, I don't have a link thanks to Jasper's desertion, but I'll put one up later.

Ugh well. Better move along. I can't go to my study group since my mother is all "But you said you'd do this with meeeee". Yeah, I said that, but you never said it was actually going ahead and that was before you made me bail on the Friday study group and have it moved to Saturday. Which was pointless anyway. Grrrr.

Music: Time+To+Pretend - MGMT
Mood: Cranky
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment