Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mixtape April 09

Oh I do love my gimmicks, don't I? Anyway, taken up Abbi's challenge. Here be my list of songs that I've been playing over and over in the last month:

Envy On The Coast, If God Smokes Cheap Cigars - It took up residence in my head and refused to move. It just ropes me in, this one. I can't say I object.

Say Anything, Admit it!!! - This song keeps me from going on some sort of ill-advised rampage during many uni classes. The ultimate rant song. It restores a semblance of calm to my academic undertakings.

Brand New, (Fork and Knife) - I find any mixtape requires at least one Brand New song. This one has a very different vibe, the piano brings something different to the band's usual style but the imagery verges on the same territory.

The Beatles, I've just seen a face - Always gets stuck in my head, new found appreciation thanks to Across the Universe. One of those that always makes me smile.

Queen, Killer Queen - I'm going throught a phase where I randomly find myself singing this. Which happens sometimes for no apparant reason. It's good fun though. "Caviar and cigarettes Well versed in etiquette Extraordinarily nice."

Flo Rida, Low - Just can't seem to get rid of this one. Not helped by the fact that it can be applied to virtually anything. Everything goes well with the furrrrr.

Forgive Durden, Doctor Doctor - Aaaaah. I really wish I could see Razia's Shadow as an actual stage musical. It's completely mad, just imagine.

Fall Out Boy, 20 Dollar Nose Bleed - Because *someone* generated a genius playlist with this and it has subsequently been on rotation.

The Academy Is, Coppertone - Watch me pathetically pretend it's summer for just a little bit longer. "These are the trails of our youth."

Taking Back Sunday, New Again - This just makes the list as it's been playing in the last few days while I still try to figure out what I make of it.

Kevin Rudolf, Let It Rock - I don't know why I'm so attatched to this song, but I play it quite obsessively. I think it's finally beginning to dissapte now though, thankfully.

Natalie Merchant, My Skin - Yeah...*shrugs*

Jack's Mannequin, Holiday From Real - This kind of ties in with the TAI one, it recalls that kind of 'let's drive to the beach, singing along, and not do anything' feeling.

New Order, 60 Miles An Hour - This song comes and goes quite a bit, I'll often hear it on the radio or in the background of a tv show or something and then I have to listen to it. It sticks around for a while then fades away again. When will it re-emerge? It is a mystery.

Supertramp, Breakfast in America - Again, I have no choice but to blame classic rock stations for putting songs into my head. I still can't believe people didn't know this song was sampled in 'Cupid's Chokehold'. And no, being young is no excuse. Music 101 should start at an early age.

Britney Spears, Womanizer - Hey, it's not Taylor Swift.

So, yes. That's all that strikes me at the moment.

Music: Womanizer - Britney Spears
Mood: Lazy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment