Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Someone isn't worthy

> Day 4: Favourite Book

Sometimes I'm not sure I have a favourite book, I seem to have collection that appeals to me in different ways and in each of their genres, they are perhaps my favourite. I don't know. Though not strictly speaking a book, I have read Romeo and Juliet more times than I can remember. I also read Lord of the Rings a lot, and of course the Harry Potter books - The Prisoner of Azkaban being the most read there. There are others of course, books I adore and cannot possibly imagine being without, and I have a hard time narrowing it down to only one. I suppose Life of Pi is the most obvious contender though. It's a book that for reasons that remain somewhat inexplicable to myself works on some base level that I find myself thinking about it at the most obscure times.

> Day 5: Favourite Quote

Oooh I love quotes! I'm not sure if this is meant to be "real people" quotes or quotes from film/television, but I shall go with the former cause with the latter I'll be here all day. I've always really liked "Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music" by Nietzsche, mostly because it sums up a great part of my life. Also, "We are all of us failures, at least, the best of us are" by JM Barrie. When you say quote though my mind first goes to two particular phrases - "But the mourners be outcast men and outcasts always mourn" [The Ballad of Reading Gaol, Oscar Wilde] and "I had a dream last night / Well so did I / What was yours? / That dreamers often lie" [Romeo & Juliet, William Shakespeare]

Music: NCIS
Mood: Bored doing uni readings, two of which I've read before
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment