Thursday, March 18, 2010

Reverse Meme Catch-Up

> Day 13: A fictional book

What exactly is a fictional book? Is it a book that is merely fiction? Or is it literally a fictional book, as in one made up? I have consulted google, the keeper of all knowledge, and apparently a fictional book is "a non-existent book (or one created specifically for a work of fiction) that sometimes provides the basis of the plot of a story, a common thread in a series of books, or the works of a particular writer or canon of work. A fictional book may also be used as a conceit to illustrate a story within a story." Quoth said Wikipedia.

Now, the first thing that popped into my head was Hogwarts: A History. It appears throughout the Harry Potter series and I think it definitely forms part of the plot in that throwaway sort of sense. As for the story within a story thing, well there's always The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

Photobucket

> Day 12: Whatever tickles your fancy

Holmes
Original

On that note, movie quote of choice -

Watson: Get that out of my face.
Holmes: It's not in your face, it's in my hand.
Watson: Then get what's in your hand out of my face.

And this is my current song quote of choice -

You see this town pulls my heart strings,
I fell in love with the Shrewsbury stars
But you see there’s far too many diamonds,
In the back seats of borrowed cars
And I could never stop this burning, honey
I can’t tell no lies, I could never stand no weather.
Darling, this heart is on fire


> Day 11: A photo of you taken recently

Oreo wanted in on the action too -

Photobucket

> Day 10: A photo of you taken over 10 years ago

The oldest photo of me saved on this laptop is from three years ago. In fact, the only remotely old photo I have is one of my mum when she was about my age, I'm guessing. She's wearing her state judo uniform, I think she had just finished a competition.

Photobucket

Music: Wooderson - The Gaslight Anthem
Mood: Frustrated
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment