Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I realised I hadn't gone anywhere

> Day 18: Whatever tickles your fancy

Common Sense: What are you doing?
Me: I'm playing Bejeweled.
CS: You're supposed to be re-writing your short pieces.
Me: Later.
CS: It's almost midnight.
Me: Just one more game.
CS: That's what you said an hour ago.
Me: Give me a break, I just survived a three hour class of which 80% consisted of one particularly contrary girl trying to convince the lecturer that 'The Road' was a serious piece of literature and not something he should be making fun of the way he was.
CS: So 80% required no participation from you.
Me: She was one of those who takes everything personally. My rolling eyes were participating.
CS: You should have used that time to re-write these creative pieces.
Me: Hmrgh
CS: Have you finished the game yet?
Me: Um...not...yet.
CS: You're a lying liar that lies.
Me: Sticks and stones...
CS: You haven't even done your readings yet!
Me: Will you relax? I have the whole morning.
CS: How can you act like this? It sickens me.
Me: I am meditating and am immune to your pettiness.
CS: You're not meditating! You're matching little virtual gems!
Me: If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it still make a sound?
CS: I - wha - you - why do I bother?
Me: Ninety nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety nine bottles of beeeeer -
CS: Fine, ignore me, but don't come crying to me in the morning.
Me: You take one down and pass it around, ninety eight bottles of beer on the wall.
CS: Whatever. Have some more coffee. I'll see you in a couple of hours when you're lamenting how late it is and how little you have yet again gotten done.
Me: Ninety eight bottles of beer on the wall, ninety eight bottles of beeeeer - oh hey, new record! Bet I can beat it though.
CS: *headdesk*

Music: Couches in alleyways - Styrofoam feat Ben Gibbard
Mood: Tired
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment