Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Have you hugged an Irish person today?

If you're lucky enough to be Irish, then you're lucky enough

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This is one of my favourite (non-holiday) holidays. It's the only day that you can find people in the city drunk at 8am and it is completely ok, usually with an exuberance that is infectious as well. It's so much fun, there's so much enthusiasm and camaraderie - every time someone wearing green walks past you, you grin at each other. I just love it, I love the Irish, I'm proud of my 1/8th Irish heritage. So yes, I hope everyone made the most of it. Éirinn go Brách.

On a related note, I've said it before but I'll say it again, green eyeliner is far too difficult to get off.

And I still have the dreaded writers block.

Music: Whatever the leprechauns deem fit
Mood: Celebratory
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment