Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Toasty warm

It's been a blistering summers day today, fluctuating between 35 and 40 across the city with a hot wind to round it off. I spent a total of 80 minutes on trains in this weather and I can assure you it was not much fun. I donned my bikini the minute I got home and lazed on the deck with sunscreen and iced tea. It lasted all of 45 minutes before I took refuge inside and watched Top Gear instead. There is something addictive about that show, I don't know what it is. I am convinced I can put up a decent lap time in my car though, you should see the way it takes corners. It's brilliant! I have these amazing racing tyres on it with...well I forget the name but as the rubber heats up it actually sticks to the road, so they've got fantastic grip. I know because I throw poor Jack around corners like some sort of possessed person. Slowing down is for people who don't have amazing tires.

Anyway, back on point. I was on aforementioned trains to meet Mandy for our final meeting. I have to say it's been an absolute honour to work with someone who is not only so distinguished, but who also understands the way I work perfectly. I could not have had a better supervisor for my honours project and I hope that our paths cross again in future. Like tomorrow night where I may be attending a reading at the Loft. I'm kind of going to miss this whole editing process, strange as that is. We talked a bit about publication and how to go about it, who'd be most likely to go for my stuff etc, that's definitely my next step. I need to be more pro-active. I write and I write and then it never leaves my hard-drive. This is the life I want, I have to go after it.

I've looked up a few places and gotten a few addresses so that is definitely going to be the main aim for the future. I also realised the UTS Anthology submissions close on 20 November, and I really think I should submit something. So let us just pause and reflect on everything I want to do this month:

- Submit thesis
- Write story for anthology
- NaNoWriMo
- Reel fic challenge

Why am I INSANE?

On another note, I really want to see The Sarah Jane Adventures with Ten in them. It's Ten people! If someone could hook me up, I'd really appreciate it. As far as I know, we don't get it here anymore. It used to be on Nickelodeon but I don't think it lasted very long.

Also, as it turns out, reading stuff about COE still makes me want to kill someone. Who knew? I have been putting off reading my last batch of Torchwood books cause I know that will be it and that's just too depressing to contemplate.

Right, back to the abyss of writing and editing!

Music: Top Gear
Mood: Hot
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment