Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sydney summers own my heart

A day like today is why I love living here. That's right, I love Sydney mostly because it's gorgeous and has equally gorgeous weather. That's why I get mopey when it rains for days on end cause if I wanted to deal with that sort of thing, I'd move to Europe where it would at least be compensated for with style and sophistication. But today...today is perfect. I'm guessing we're pushing 30, there isn't a single cloud in the sky only endless expanse of blue, and where I sit now I'm getting just the prefect type of seabreeze that lazily stirs the eucalyptus leaves and keeps things cool. All the colours seem to glow in the sunshine, brighter greens and deeper blues and the whites are all shimmering. It really is perfection and I sincerely doubt I could get this complete and utter joy, because of the weather of all things, anywhere else.

Oh Sydney, with your bogans and mediocre fashion and your unreliable public transport, your attemps at culture and the way nothing ever really happens, and your harbour overrun with tourist but shining like a diamond set in Jacaranda blossoms (well this time of year anyway), don't ever change. On these summer days I love you just the way you are.

In case you missed it, I love Sydney summers. The entire vibe of the places changes and you just want to be out there, enjoying every moment of it.

A butterfly just landed on my big toe. There are a lot of butterflies around here, I can't remember ever seeing this many at our old place.

Anyway, now that I've dabbled in misplaced romanticism, I better start working on NaNoWriMo. I'm aiming for 20,000 words tonight. I don't think it's going to happen, but hey, we aim high! The quicker I get there, the quicker it's over and done with. Like a band-aid.



I'm not even sure if this is written properly, the sun glare is intense and I can barely see the screen at all...

Music: Birds chirping and leaves rustling
Mood: Content
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love golden summer days like you described and I love floaty summer dresses. The only problem is that my body simply cannot handle even todays weather. I got red as a beetroot even when I'm not sunburned and I am constantly uncomfortably sweaty. It sucks I can't enjoy it like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealousy! I woke up to freezing fog.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny but I kinda love European winters as well. So cold and icy with the thick coats and scarves! Winter really makes it count over there. Here I'm just perpetually freezing even though it's only like 12, but we're just not equipped for it.

    ReplyDelete