Thursday, November 5, 2009

Darling this heart is on fire, and this life is but a dream

We're going to ride like silver on the desolation moonlight

Today's major activity was the binding of my Honours thesis. Four copies of fifty five pages later, it's ready to be handed in. Five days before the due date! That never happens. I refuse to read it again now that it's been bound though since I am sure I will find a mistake I somehow originally missed and then I will want to kill myself. So yes, as the saying goes, let sleeping dogs lie. I am going to try to hand it in tomorrow after my hair appointment.

Other than that, all I've done today is procrastinate and work on NaNaWriMo. I've written almost 3, 000 words. I need another chapter to be back on track with the target amount. Woe. I am fairly sure I'm just rambling about inconsequential nonsense. I drew up a vague chapter outline to prevent any more of that and have an optimistic set of 35. I can drop one here or there as I go along since my average chapters are about 2,200 words give or take.

Meep. I don't know if I can do this. But I'll try anyway.

Dance in my moonlight, my old friend the twilight

Music: Wooderson - The Gaslight Anthem
Mood: Working
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Well done!!!!!!!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can and you will! We all will! I believe in us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up on nanowrimo!
    You just need to put aside some time this weekend (a lot of time) and just write like hell
    Who cares if it makes sense?
    I suddenly decided, 10,000 words in, that my character has parents
    So... don't know what I'm going to do with that entire chapter about visiting his parent's graves :/
    Anyway, good luck and keep going!
    Great blog, by the way. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) Yeah I just need to keep going...and stop procrastinating! That'll help. Good luck with yours too. Sometimes characters just make you do whatever they want, regardless of your original plans.

    ReplyDelete