Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sleep in peace when the day is done

In the last week or so, it has come to my attention that the following bands will be gracing our shores this summer:

Grizzly Bear
The Decemberists
Camera Obscura
Biffy Clyro
The View
Brand New
The Dead Weather
Spinnerette
Them Crooked Vultures
Cobra Starship

There is also major festival sidehows by Calvin Harris, AFI, MCR, Placebo, etc etc. I'm still holding out for a Muse sideshow too. Possibly also The Killers.

I don't know what to do. At roughly $80 a pop, I cannot possibly go to all of them. It's an utterly depressing thought considering the gig drought 2009 turned out to be. Why must I be denied these brief moments of happiness? Sigh.

Clearly I need to turn to a life of crime. Added incentive comes in the form of the Sydney Festival which this year is also hosting a great number of plays including Hamlet. Meanwhile te Sydney Theatre Company are putting on a production of Chekov's Uncle Vanya starring Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving and Richard Roxburgh which I obviously have to attend. I mean come on.

I still haven't managed to get rid of this extra Soundwave ticket. Grumps. Everyone says they don't like going to festivals. Uh and I do? Make no mistake, I loathe it with every fibre of my being, but the line-up people! The line-up. I suppose if you're not into it, shelling out a stupid amount to do something you don't like is pretty insane. I can't hold it against anyone. Still doesn't change the fact that I have a spare ticket to offload though.

I'm really going to make an effort to enjoy summer in the city this time around.

But anyway, I suppose that is neither here nor there. Back to NaNoWriMo.

Music: Feeling good - Muse
Mood: Working
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I was actually contemplating getting you and me a ticket to hamlet for your christmas present... Would you like??? I was thinking the Sunday show at 5pm. I'd like to go to Uncle Vanya too I just don't know how much the tickets are. They don't seem to go on sale till 1st Dec.

    I'll see if I can find someone that wants your extra Soundwave ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I just realised it's in German. I have enough problems following Shakespeare in English. So maybe I'll check out Uncle Vanya for you. Blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $140 for the Soundwave ticket btw, but I'm willing to take a bit less if you find someone interested.

    I would love to see Uncle Vanya, but I'm sure it's going to be nice and expensive. It's almost sold out as well, see you can get tickets for it if you buy the STC Season ticket. General Public is on sale on the 1st. We'd have to get in quick I think.

    ReplyDelete