Sunday, November 22, 2009

I just don't know what to do with myself

You know you have really strayed into full-blown geekdom the day you no longer think it would be weird to buy say a R2-D2 Peppermill, and instead believe everyone will think it is totally cool. I found myself thinking that this surely was the height of kitchen coolness and so, dear readers, I have stumbled well and truly from part-time dabbler into Big Bang Theory nerdom. I'm a comic book addiction away from the point of no return.

...and I love it.

Sigh.

A homo habilis just discovering his opposable thumbs says what?

Meanwhile, I noticed in the paper this morning that Harvey Norman were having a laptop sale, so of course I go have a look. Now honestly, I didn't need to. This laptop, while being unable to run live messenger, having sound card problems, a wonky cd drive, periodic crash dumps, and a screen that blacks out whenever it chooses, is actually still working fine. I cannot justify purchasing a new laptop.

I still did though. I love, love this HP Pavilion I've had the last three years, it's gorgeous and has a 15.4" widescreen and full sized keyboard that has served me well. Now I've gotten a superlightweight HP Pavilion dm3 Notebook, which is only 13.3 inches and it's taking some getting used to. There's not nearly as much space to work with and of course all my desktops are way too big now. That said it's probably going to be better for taking around with me to uni and such. Plus I could only get a 13" or 16" and higher, the laptop bag my friends had made for me only takes up to 15.6" and hell, I haven't even used it yet, I'm not going to get a laptop that doesn't fit.

Anyway yes. Now I have a new laptop. Why don't people stop me from doing this to myself?

I'm doing the set-up as I type this. Oh god I hate change...

Music: The whir of the fan
Mood: Annoyed
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am envious of your laptop purchasing. What am I currently saving my money for? A car service and a visit to the dentist =/ =/ =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I really did not have the money, but they're so cheap at the moment! I got it on an 18 month deferred payment plan, so it'll dovetail nicely with paying off my current laptop. I am so beyond broke though, blah. And I still have to pay my damn rego. Stupid RTA.

    ReplyDelete