Monday, November 10, 2008

The stars don't even matter

I have wasted the day. I didn't even go in to uni, I rang her office and there was no answer, so I figured why waste my day sitting around institutional corridors? So instead I wasted it lying around the house reading and thinking and dreaming, in a mellowed out state that rivals intoxication. It doesn't happen very often, it was nice just to float along in it.

Unfortunately it's back to work tomorrow. Reality, as it were. Sigh. And I really do have a lot to do. For one thing, my room needs a serious clean out. I started doing it this morning but soon abandoned it in favour of lying on the living room floor reciting Shakespeare to myself. Like I said, intoxication.

I am myself indifferent honest; but yet I could accuse me of such things that it were better my mother had not borne me: I am very proud, revengeful, ambitious, with more offense at my beck than I have thought to put them in. What should such fellows as I do crawling between earth and heaven? We are arrant knaves, all; believe none of us.

Hamlet also talks a lot.

Oh glee! I love this episode of The Simpsons - is it about my cube? Classic.

I've also taken a shine to this today.

I had something else to say but as per usual, it escapes me at the crucial time. I came across some old day to day desk diaries I used to scribble in while at school during my half assed attempt at cleaning...god the drama high school kids concoct to entertain themselves. I can barely remember it all...I can barely recognise myself in it.

I need to go to DFO and Ikea...something needs to be done about the ever growing pile of books and cds stacked around my bed...not to mention the heaps of books under my bed, it's crazy! I looked under there today and was amazed. I look forward to one day having a fantastic library.

Now do I want to watch Pirates? Or Beauty & The Beast? Or V for Vendetta? Or The Crow? Or do I not want to make any decisions at all but pour a glass of wine and sit outside and watch the sun set?

Can't you, can't you feel it, rolling off your lips, tensing up your shoulders

I don't know. The image reminded me of the lyrics. I mean, I don't even like wine...even when I was drinking, I didn't like wine. It is gorgeously breezy outside though, a bit too windy to be perfect - the kind that would annoy you if you happened to be walking along the beach - but close all the same

Hmm. Not really focussing today, as if that isn't blatantly obvious. Oh look, shiny!

Music: Black & Gold - Sam Sparro
Mood: Relaxed
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha for a moment then I was wondering when you started to drink wine. Suddendly felt left out and a little jealous of your mature wine-drinkingness. I always feel a little silly when everyone around me is drinking pinot or chardonnay and I've got a coke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha never fear, maturity is not really a priority. I don't like wine *scrunches nose* I mean I've had it, but I'd much rather drink something else, should drinking be required.

    ReplyDelete