Sunday, November 9, 2008

Oh the shark has pretty teeth dear

After spending the day wandering about Glebe and Broadway with Lizzie, I remembered that I wanted to get some books of poetry ages ago and never got around to it. Particularly Emily Dickenson and Christina Rosetti. Others that I have already forgotten again. I also want to get Milton's Paradise Lost and Dante's Inferno or should that be The Devine Comedy? I never know, that's why I haven't gotten it it. There is so much I still want to read out there but I always forget, canon stuff that I spend a great deal of time grumbling about but that I still want to read anyway, whether to justify grumbling or not. I also want to read the more philosophical things, Proust and Sartre. Things like Chaucer...and Cervantes. Oh and Hamlet and Macbeth cause I never did too well with the tragedies. I really should make a list...but I can never think of them when I'm not actually looking at them! And I don't know how bookstores feel about me wandering around scribbling down names....

We're going to a indie club on Saturday, they're having a Britpop night. Can't go wrong with that, right? Then again we might just end up home before midnight watching The Lion King...it's not like that hasn't happened before. All the same, we shall try.

Nineteen days till my birthday, seventeen until we leave...is it fourty six till christmas? I don't know, my maths isnt that hot and I can't be bothered really checking, but still...bit of a worry. I am so underpared this year, it'll just have to wait until I get back.

I'm watching far too much NCIS, there seems to be a lot of it on. Abby is so adorable, it never ceases to amaze me. Speaking of television, saw the most bizarre episode of Columbo last night, it was like some sort of hybrid of Starsky & Hutch and Hairspray. I have no idea what the hell was going on, but it preplexed me. What is it with that show anyway? The episodes seem to go for hours, it's completely nuts. I was only watching it because my dad had flipped to TV1 after he had watched The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift despite my objections. The guy in it sounds like Forrest Gump! Not to mention that entire franchise is completely ridiculous. Not only did my dad watch it though, he also provided a running commentary. I think this may have been directed at me as I was sitting at the dining room table with my laptop, but then again, he might just have been talking to himself. Who knows? The mysteries of parents. Although how he can watch these plot deprived action flicks (which I often watch with him, but I am fully aware that it is plot deprived and am watching it for the explosions) and then still comment on how crap my cult movies are, is beyond me. He won't watch Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, because it creeps him out and it was a hell of a struggle to get him to watch The Curse of the Black Pearl. He's far more likely to watch My Best Friend's Wedding with me than any of my faves. So pretty much the only common ground movies we have are Rambo, Speed, Mission Impossible, Die Hard, the James Bond franchise, Iron Man, About a Boy, and Bridget Jones' Diary. I'll say it, it's weird.

Tomorrow it's off to uni again to see if her royal honours supervisor will grace my application with her signature. I must paint such a sorry sight.

Is it sad that my current main packing concern is what book to take with me on this trip? This is always such a big issue for me. I generally take LOTR but it's just so big and it's getting completely tarnished. I think I might just take Romeo & Juliet because I love reading it and it's really thin...and I also have no objection to re-reading it. Still, you'd think I had more pressing concerns...such as the fact I have no water proof footwear. Oh and I really need to get a new pair of black jeans. Sigh.

I'll stop the list making now before it gets completely out of hand.

You'd better lock your doors, and call the law
Because Macheaths back in town

I love this song. I'm in a swing mood, listening to Frank Sinatra with the windows open and being completely chilled out. So many fantastic memories *drifts off*

Music: Mack the Knife - Frank Sinatra
Mood: Good
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment