Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Moving at the speed of light

Whyyyy do I do this to myself? It's this epic circle of doom - I barely sleep, I'm tired all day, I only fully start feeling like functioning again around 8 which then leads to another night of barely sleeping...and on and on it goes until I eventually spend an entire weekend crashed. But shaking off the cobwebs of sleepiness as best we can, and moving on.

My green slip and registration forms came today. Woe. Cue the slide into finance-induced depression. I knew it was coming, I was desperately trying to save enough money to cover this, Oreo's accomodation, my bills and spending for my trip (cause really, not working for six weeks kills me). But somewhere along the way the best laid plans were forgotten and I'm totally fucked. So I have to put this and Oreo's stuff on the fucking credit card of dooooom, which I've been trying so desperately not to use this year because I find it disturbing that someone who is not even 21 can have such a credit card debt, but I have no choice now. I need to get a loan so I can pay that thing off. They're evil. I pay my ass off at it and it makes barely any difference on the main amount. It's the most futile thing ever. Sigh. Guess there's no point getting all woe about it really, won't change anything will it? Just...leave it and worry about it when I get back. I'll do some epic saving and just pay off all the crap. Only downside is that with the state things are in, I probably won't be able to go away next year. Grumbles.

But whatever. Let's not pontificate on what may happen in the future.

I think in the new year I might get a job as a tutor. Or advertise my services as one anyway, I'm even qualified. I always forget about it.

I've decided I'm going to start doing writing exercises. Just to keep life interesting and my brain ticking over. Let’s say one a day. Various lengths (probably mostly short bits) for either new characters, or my regular cast. I’ll post em up here so they don’t languish on my computer like most of my stuff does currently. I’ll be using various prompts kindly supplied by trusty google. To be tagged under writing:exercise or something like that. Kinda like being in uni...but not. But hey, if they keep making us do it, maybe they're on to something. Can't hurt at any rate.

Tomorrow if all goes well, I'll be seeing Quantum of Solace with Lizzie. I've been stupidly excited for this movie.

Oooh I've got one hell of a short fuse today...my dad is taking perverse pleasure out of provoking me, and I'm stupidly taking the bait, every freaking time. Sigh.

Music: Forever - Chris Brown
Mood: Bitchy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment