Friday, November 21, 2008

Come on now listen to reason

I've been trawling through the Torchwood/Who fandom as of late, as if that wasn't blatantly obvious, and it just astounds me. It's a really bizarre thing, and not in a bad way. It's just...different. There seems to be a level of respectful differing of opinions and just an overall accepting vibe about the whole thing, which is so completely different from any fandom (well ok. bandom) I have ever observed. That said, there is an awful lot of oversimplification and reading too much into things. I am such a lurker. What can I say? It's kinda like people watching, except with words. I like studying the way people talk, when commenting or whatever, the use of words and language and such. It's like...research. Maybe I can write convincing character voices cause I study how people "talk". I do this in RL too, I'll sit and eavesdrop on random conversations. Write down an interesting line or observation. That's right, I am the creepy person in the dark corner at Starbucks.

Anyway, if I had a point, it escapes me. I think it comes down to the fact that I simply like knowing things *points to self* I am a sponge.

I just had to drive to work to get my notebook which I stupidly forgot there. Idiot.

My mind is a quagmire. I have had barely any sleep for the last few days. Last night was especially bad. One would think, when you are already exhausted, you wouldn't have so much trouble sleeping. This thought however merely tries to lull you into a false sense of security cause in my case, it is blatantly not true. The worst part is that when I finally fall asleep at 3, I wake up again all the time and there is this lapse in time where I don't know if I am actually awake or dreaming. I hate that. My eyes are burning. I am on my fourth cup of double strength coffee for the day.

Speaking of coffee, I wish I knew who to complain to because the quality of caffeine based refreshment in this household has gone steadily downhill ever since that atrocious Tefal Quick Cup appliance made an appearance. Dead convenient though it may be, I feel no one is putting enough effort in to making coffee anymore. Coffee is the reason I get up in the morning, without coffee, Jen as we know her ceases to exist. Suffice it to say Jen is not amused. It's fine when I make my own coffee as I fiddle with everything until it seems right, but when my dad makes it, it's just blaaaargh. Which sucks cause he used to make really nice coffee. I suspect the main problem is he has lost the ability to stir properly. So when I take a sip and come to the conclusion there is no sugar in it, and I am too lazy to get up, merely drinking it the way it is until I get to the bottom and nearly die as a mutated sugar lump very slowly moves to attack me, I am forced to heave a sigh of impatience. My mum on the other hand does not understand the delicate balance between milk and hot water. I don't say anything cause then I'd be forced to make coffee all the time for everyone, and I'd rather not. Perhaps I should start taking it black with no sugar? I am subtly urging them back towards the use of proper coffee, like we used to have. We went through a faze with it, I don't know why it suddenly disappeared. Hmmm coffee beans.

Enough of my addict behaviour.

God I have so much to do. I haven't done anything I was meant to do before going away. Things like lose weight, or develop muscle definition, and save money. Sigh. I frustrate myself sometimes...most of the time in fact.

Music: Hey Hey Disbeliever - The Living End
Mood: Exhausted
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. We don't have a coffee machine... are you still coming?

    I wouldn't worry too much about weight or muscle definition. I'm doing pretty well fat and flabby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was doing so well too, when it came to muscle definition. But then uni happened and yeah, I really fell off the wagon for the last month or two.

    And of course I'm still coming, coffee machine or not. As long as there is some form of caffeine available, I'm there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "That's right, I am the creepy person in the dark corner at Starbucks."

    Hahahaha I just got this very Aragorn image of you draped in cloak and smoking pipe in mysterious fashion.

    It seems the lack of proper coffee is causing Jen to talk in the third person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I know right. Even after I wrote that I was like "hmmm third person, not a good sign."

    ReplyDelete