Sunday, April 11, 2010

Don't worry, I always leave things to the last moment

How did I live without Say Anything in my life? I honestly have no idea. They're just so right.

I have another weekend of zero productivity to my name. FML. I need help. I think I'm going to have to kick my own ass and get some sort of routine going...starting tomorrow. Bah. I annoy myself so much.

On the other hand, I saw Kick-Ass with Sam yesterday. What an odd movie - an everyday guy decides he can be a superhero, lack of powers be damned. I think most geeks will enjoy it, but I'm surprised it hasn't caused more controversy. Seems like an 11-year-old heavily swearing assassin would get all sorts of groups up in arms, especially from the conservative sector. If that doesn't put you off, and seeing the bad guy from Sherlock Holmes beat up said 11-year-old doesn't faze you, it's overall amusing.

I also managed to be lured out on Friday with some family friends though I put up quite a noble fight to do my uni work. It was agreed that it would be an early night so I could be productive once we got back. Ha ha. This might have worked if they did not buy a bottle of wine which they then decided they didn't like. Far be it for me to let a bottle of wine go to waste. Of course, I don't have the best head for wine and so in the end my early night resulted in much giggling and watching old school Doctor Who. On this topic, can I just say I have only seen two sets of old school Who, one with Tom Baker and the Friday one with Sylvester McCoy, and from this very limited experience it is my solemn opinion that Seven is way better than Four - I actually knew what was going on, he was funny, he didn't eat leaves! All positives, in my mind.

I'm supposed to go to this cocktail thing at uni tomorrow but I don't think I will have time. I really need to get some sort of argument formulated for my critical writing essays as we are supposed to discuss it on Tuesday, and I still have to write an abstract. The presentation is done, at least, though I am not overly fond of it - as per usual (side note: social anxiety, please go away). So yes. I guess we'll see how much I can do after work, but it doesn't look promising *headdesk*

But no! Remain positive! Create some sort of routine and stick to it!

My common sense has good intentions, it's just a shame the rest of me is so easily distracted - hey look, shiny...

Music: Do better - Say Anything
Mood: Still annoyed with self
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment