Monday, May 31, 2010

Life is a test, and I get bad marks

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah *collapses in giant heap* My life is a hectic mess of nonsense, it's absurd. I demand a pause button, or a better grip on sanity, or the ability to go without sleep, or something. Who'd have thought I'd ever miss boredom...I miss boredom. I see that there will be no such luxuries at work going forward, except maybe the hour reception relief I have to do, but even then it's interrupted boredom. Ugh.

I've got my first deadline on Friday, I think I've got most things sorted for that, it's just a steady trickle of information that keeps coming in and have to be reworked and sorted. I've got two more the following week - well technically it's the week after that, but I won't be there, so I need to get as much done as humanely possible before I go. When I come back, it all starts again.

On the other hand, I'm trying to pull together the latest issue of MobyMag - the site is down at the moment, so if you'd like to contribute (and that really means anything), please email me at jen@mymobymag.com

I have finished all my uni stuff, only editing after workshopping left now but, BUT there's still the Torchwood presentation to be written and learnt. Somebody just shoot me. If it wasn't for the fact that I get to go overseas and hang with Abbi, I'd probably just blow the whole thing off. I mean who am I kidding, I don't know anything about anything. I've never given a conference paper, symposium talk, whatever - I am, as they say in Admit it!!!, a faker and a fraud and I see epic failure in my future.

So, in summary, on top of having people constantly underestimating my intelligence and trying to get things for three magazines organized while the person who is supposedly training me is constantly off sick, I also need to:

- Send in forms for conference
- Book flights
- Book hotel(s)
- Book bus tickets
- Get tours organised
- Find Oyster card (suspect pocket of ski jacket)
- Buy new black jeans and luggage set
- Sort out new savings account
- Put in leave application
- Edit, organise images, and send out newsletter for MobyMag
- Edit and hand in uni work
- Work out how this presentation is going to go

I am actually looking forward to twenty three blissful hours on a plane where I can just read and write with zero interruptions. It's funny, I never did these things when I had time, now that I don't, it's all I want to do.

Music: Undisclosed desires - Muse
Mood: Busy
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It's gonna be fuuuuuuuuuun! And you're copying just fine. Lookit you being a big success!

    ReplyDelete