Friday, December 18, 2009

I got soul but I'm not a soldier

I could do with a nap right now.
Photobucket
Best nap ever!

PMA are counting down their favourite songs of the last decade, and today I noticed that they have 'All these things that I've done' at number 12. I've been on a Killers binge lately, and I have always been obsessed with that song, so I wholeheartedly approve of their assessment.

The Killers like to think that every song they write is a masterpiece, that Sam’s Town is one of the great all-time rock albums (it is underrated for sure, but come on now). In reality, the Killers have many good tracks, a whole bunch of great tracks, and “All These Things That I’ve Done.” With its glorious hooks, build-ups and sing-along lyrics, it is truly a classic.

Once they've finished the countdown, I'll repost the whole list...if I remember.

Meanwhile, I stumbled upon this via Paul Cornell's blog yesterday.



I think I should probably do a Christmas Playlist soonish.

Music: Rain
Mood: Sleepy
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I don't like The Killers. I think there is something wrong with me, since I seem to be the only person in the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't but I wouldn't worry. There are lots of people who aren't particularly keen on them. I only really got into it through Sam's Town, which is a bit of a no-no scene thing to say really, but it's never stopped me before. I tended to love the singles and they just sort of grew on me from that. 'All these things that I have done' was the first one I became obsessed with though :)

    ReplyDelete