Saturday, January 1, 2011

There's music and there's people and they're young and alive

Happy New Year!


Welcome to 2011, the year of change and decisions.Sydney put on a particularly fine display this year and I have come to the conclusion that it really is a better NYE spot than anywhere else in the world. For one thing, we're practically first. America is so far behind it makes me wonder why you'd bother heading out that way to celebrate. Plus Sydney throws quite the party, so I can't really image why you'd want to be anywhere else to usher in a new year.

I welcomed it in the company of some of my favourite people, feasting on delicious food and a really nice cake, and playing, or rather arguing over, Trivial Pursuit. T'was excellent and I wouldn't have traded it for anything. If the way you spend NYE is supposed to guide the way you spend the rest of the year, it's going to be a very enjoyable one.

The New Year in turn treated us to a soaring 39 degree day that I spent, after dragging myself rather reluctantly from bed at 9 to entertain guests that had decided to overnight, watching films and visiting the beach super quickly. Too busy and too hot for a substantial visit, but enough to keep us all entertained. The guests finally departed just before six, leaving me to nurse my epic headache in peace. Let the record show that I watched Prince of Persia and it is exactly the kind of ridiculous mythical action film I adore. I have added it to the list of terrible films no one else likes but that I really enjoy...Troy appreciates having company.

It seems that today will hold more of the same - still quite hot, still quite headachy (the two aren't mutually exclusive) and since it's the second last day of my holiday, if I spend it sleeping and beaching, I don't think anyone will blame me.

Music: There is a light that never goes out - The Smiths

No comments:

Post a Comment