Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tiptoe on a tightrope

Thursday is brought to you by Amanda Palmer Goes Down Under.

I'm not going to bore you with the mundane details that is my everyday life. They're the same they always are, too much writing to do and not enough will to do it, and repeat. My eyes feel permanently heavy and I can't figure out if it's too much sleep or not enough. I'm just off at the moment but I refuse to consider that I may have a cold. Ignorance is bliss after all.

Here are the cliffnotes of my recent past:

> Had a lovely catch up with L on Friday. Wine was consumed. I again put forth the argument that Pinot Grigio is only good if it comes from Italy. All evidence points that way.

> The delightful R had her birthday on the weekend so there was a gathering at her house (although we don't really need an excuse to gather there) to relive our youth through the consumption of Bacardi Breezers, and indulge in our fondness for mocking with Trivial Pursuit. I do not know why we keep playing that. By the end we're always so desperate, wishing it would finish already and not caring who wins. But that in itself is kind of hilarious...which is probably why we keep playing it. We're complicated people.

> Attended a taping of The Gruen Transfer with L last night. It was actually really good fun. And it's free entertainment, the best kind! Unfortunately it meant that I missed my writers group yet again - I always miss it, I feel so guilty. Wednesdays are just not good for me going-out-wise. If I'm not swamped with work and staying late, I'm in the throes of mid-week exhaustion and going out is the last thing I want to do. Lame excuses I know, but that's me for you. I also missed our work Trivia night. Oops.

Anyway, I've got so much on this weekend. I made this promise to myself that I wouldn't plan things on both days of my weekend but for some reason that's fallen apart this week. I'm out Friday night, Saturday during the day and the evening, and all day Sunday. Headdesk. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hanging out with people but socialness is exhausting. I like having a day where I can just sit around in my pjs all day and do whatever I want. Mainly this involves sleeping until 11am, but you know. I just like my alone time, what can I say.

Music: Australia - Amanda Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment