Friday, July 15, 2011

Top 10: Positive Thinking

Being a little different and doing a list of 10 things that make me happy right at this very moment. Mostly this is because I’m at work and don’t have time to find/make quotes/pics for the other top 10 list I’ve got brewing. And this is simple. So, in no particular order, here’s to life’s positives:

  • Butterbeer at the Schnitzel
For some reason, the idea of meeting at a pub after work on a Friday still amuses me – clearly because my brain refuses to accept that I am supposedly a responsible adult now. But anyway, that’s exactly what I’m doing and L and I will no doubt be reminiscing over our Harry Potter youth while wishing we actually had butterbeer.

  • In-jokes
The aforementioned pub is not actually called Schnitzel. I’m not even going to try and explain it, but there are few things in life more fun than sharing an in-joke with your friends that makes everyone else look at you like you are completely deranged. Bless.

  • Trip Planning
Excitement! R and I are getting together for a big planning sesh tomorrow. Operation: We Still Need A Name For This is a logistical challenge but one I’m sure we can figure out. Be afraid, Europe, be very afraid. And it’ll no doubt be followed by Supernatural. “Is it because we’re awesome? I think it’s because we’re awesome.”

  • Supernatural Analogies
It can be applied to anything. Although I’m not that keen on the fact that I’m Sam. It’s not my fault I’m the tall one :P

  • Harry Potter Overload
It’s everywhere. Everywhere. It’s like everything else has ceased to exist, especially on Tumblr. And it’s brilliant. I particularly like seeing how much the cast has grown up across the films – they were so little! We were all so little. Gah.

  • Musical Blasts from the Past
I unearthed a mix cd while sitting in traffic the other day that’s from 08. It contains songs from all these bands and albums that I love but that aren’t really in regular rotation anymore. It’s funny how some albums you just connect with in a way that you never really replicate with a band’s other work. Anyway, it’s full of Forgive Durden, The Matches, Lostprophets, Linkin Park, Armor For Sleep, Placebo and many others. It’s a bit of an eclectic mix, but it makes me ridiculously happy.

  • James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender
Yes, yes, I know. I keep going on about them. But they’re so brilliant, I can’t heeeeelp it. I mean, they’re fantastic as it is on their own, but put them in an interview together and it re-defines what awesome is. Seriously, look up perfection in the dictionary and you’ll find a photo of these two being idiots. Stop being so adorable! It’s annoying!

  • Game Of Thrones
You know what’s great about this show? Everything. Even the title sequence. There are so many brilliant characters in this, I don’t even know where my allegiances are. Now I admit, I haven’t read the book(s). I don’t really want to because it’s not finished and I don’t particularly want to get involved in the ire and frustration that is reading an incomplete series, but I understand it’s really very good. And if the characters are so solid on screen, how fabulous must they be on the page? I can’t resist finding out. Winter is coming.

  • Graphic Novels
Look, half the time I don’t know what the hell is going on. I’m reading like ten different ones at the same time and I’m not entirely convinced I get the whole comic thing (and the X-Men ’verse hurts my head) but somehow, in all the madness, I’m actually enjoying the experience.

  • Geeky Connections
You know, ones who send me graphic novels to read and buy Fallout: New Vegas for me because I mentioned it once in passing. Not to mention keep me in TV shows – even if they’re slacking a little there and get me addicted to things without supplying the final episodes (Game of Thrones! Aaaaaaah! Also, SPN. Sigh.)

See, quick and easy. Also, it's Friday and the sun is out for a second, I can afford a little positivity.

Music: Great Romances of the 20th Century - Taking Back Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment