Thursday, July 21, 2011

Top 10: Favourite Game of Thrones Characters

I haven’t read the books – the first one arrived yesterday, I'll get to it – but I love the show (and okay, I haven’t finished it but I know what happens. Woe.) The problem with Game of Thrones is that it has such an abundance of great characters (most of whom want to kill each other). Ah well. Here are my current faves:


  • Eddard Stark

So noble. So well-meaning. So doomed.
  • Jon Snow

Someone give the kid a hug! He's like the Faramir of the Seven Kingdoms.

  •  Tyrion Lannister

I love Tyrion. He seems so apathetic yet gets involved in everything.
Plus he hits his idiot nephew, something I've definitely wanted to do. Also,
can we just take a moment to appreciate what a great actor Peter Dinklage is?
(I watched Penelope the other night, completely forgot he's in that.)

  • Arya Stark

Stick 'em with the pointy end, kid.
  • Daenerys Targaryen

Her brother is a jackass who just tries to use her, but she
comes into her own so subtly and beautifully.
  • Catelyn Stark

She's so decisive and fiery. She's a Queen in my mind.
  • Bran Stark

Oh, Bran. You're so cute and dealt such a horrible hand.
  • Jamie Lannister

I want to hate him, but he's kinda compelling in an awful way.

  •  Renly Baratheon

The witty one. Bless.
  • Loras Tyrell

Just because. I have a soft spot for knights and there's a romanticism to him I appreciate.

Yes, it would seem I have a predisposition to House Stark. That's because, sooner or later, the Starks are always right...winter is coming.

Music: Rolling in the deep - Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment