Saturday, July 9, 2011

Competition is a fickle thing

So, my boys just lost the Super Rugby final. I'm absolutely devastated. I mean, I'm happy for Ewan McKenzie that he's finally won a final, and it's great for the Reds and rugby in Australia. But, my boys. My boys. After everything we've been through this year, I really think we deserved this win. They lost their home field, faced so much, travelled so much - hell, went to England to play a match to raise money for Christchurch - and just...everything. It would have been so great if they could at least have this. But alas, it was not to be.

Sport, man. Such a cruel mistress. The only consolation I can take from this is that no one is injured, and that surely, surely we'll take the World Cup this year. Now excuse me as I have to get back to entertaining guests. And then later, I shall watch Torchwood - cause I'm sure that'll cheer me up o_O

Music: Fox Sports and weeping

No comments:

Post a Comment