Friday, December 26, 2008

Reminders, they are not reluctant

Gah I was just stunned into silence by my desktop background, I’ve forgotten how beautiful it is.

So, evidently I have arrived home. Sydney, beautiful Sydney, sparkling in a perfect sunset and welcoming me back, forcing me to ask, could I really ever leave here? Got out of the airport into a warm westerly breeze, 26 degrees with just a touch of humidity…my body reeled in protest demanding “What.The.Fuck.” Poor thing, so confused.

This had to have been one of the easiest flights I’ve ever had. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that business class was deserted and there were almost two crew members for every passenger. So we got some serious personalised, first class service. Personalised meals, constant offers for cakes, wine, champagne, chocolates and food (please for the love of god, eat it, eat it, there’s too much!). To Singapore we only had to individual passengers travelling with us, in the back two corners, and to Sydney, two individuals in the front. This meant I could rummage around the overhead compartments whenever I chose and not feel bad about bothering anyone, stand in the aisles, and go to the bathroom as often as I want. Of course in business all the open seats don’t really make a difference space wise since you have what I like to call the egg chairs, but it’s still nice. The crew were totally all over you, and everyone was festive and chatty and it was just so relaxing. On the flight to Sydney one of the first class crew took it upon himself to walk up and down my aisle every few seconds to check if I was awake and when I finally suggested he could bring me coffee (after turning down his offers of a meal, toasted sandwich, crackers and I don’t know what else), he made me a cappuccino. Huzzah! I can only assume first class was deserted as well.

I’d like to think I have now completely mastered the art of time travel. It’s very bizarre though, it all feels like one day. As if I caught a taxi to Heathrow this morning wearing a Christmas hat and then caught another home tonight. Of course, an epic amount of time has been lost in the meantime but I just don’t feel it. It also really didn’t feel long at all. Twelve hours to Singapore, and I only watched one movie (The Rocker), attempted convincing the crew to show Doctor Who ("I have the dvds right here!") but they sadly could not oblige, and in general just tried to placate them – I think they were bored. I got a few hours sleep in too. Two hours on Singapore airport, back on the same plane, and seven hours home. Again, the crew appeared to be bored. They were quite put out that all we wanted to do was sleep…mum in fact slept the whole trip. I managed to watch The Incredibles, and got about a third into Capote before the landing rudely interrupted. I also got halfway through the Russel Brand autobiography Abs kindly gave me.

Upon arrival at Sydney airport, we just breezed through everything. Landed at 8.05, caught a taxi by 8.30 and arrived home by 9. Too easy. If only every flight could be like that, I could fly all, day every day.

Still, all my muscles ache and my face hurts like all hell thanks to sinus. Not helped by the fact that I’m still recovering from the stupid cold, and which I begin to suspect is lauching a second assault since my dad only just got it and is probably now re-infecting us all. Bah. The worst of this is sadly my ears, which thanks to aforementioned sinus and air pressure changes, appear to be verging on implosion. It huuuuuurts. But c’est la vie. I’ll live.

Three of my Paris drawings are missing. I am not amused.

I was just unpacking all my crap, and it’s disturbing that an overwhelming amount of stuff appears to be Doctor Who related. This has clearly been a Doctor Who themed holiday. I don’t mind one bit. Allons-y! Aw. Guess I can’t do that anymore. I took a photo of the loot, and will surely post it up once I’ve cleared room for the EPIC amounts of photos that were taken *shakes head*

I’m going to have to do a somewhat detailed recount of the last few days, if not the whole trip, but it’ll have to wait until tomorrow. I must attempt to beat the jetlag before it settles in. So, I’m going to have a shower, watch ‘Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang’ (revel in the Torchwood, revel!) and then drift off to sleep in my very comfy bed that’s missed me very much.

That all said, I had a really great trip and I miss Abs (and London) already. Come on people, get with the teleportation already! Failing that, anyone know where I could possibly acquire a TARDIS?

P.S.: Merry Christmas! Hope everyone managed to enjoy the day. I feel like I’ve pretty much skipped the whole thing this year…technically I guess I have.

Music: Miami - Taking Back Sunday
Mood: Desperately wanting shower
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh kiddo... I miss you ridiculous amounts. While watching the final episode of Doctor Who season 4 I kept having moments when I wanted to turn to you and go "did ya see that?" and then I remembered you weren't there. During the Christmas special... it just felt kind of hollow. I will have to face it. I'm lonely... genuinely lonely... and I don't get lonely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwww duuuude. I wish I could have been there, with all my heart I honestly do. I wish the world didn't have to be so big. Super hugs! Don't be lonely, I'm there in spirit, always. Promise. Everytime you see something fangirly, just think I'm gleeing over it too. Mpre huuuugs!

    ReplyDelete