Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I don't care what you think

As long as it's about me

Two things that are proving rather difficult with the DSLR camera is the near impossibility of taking photos at night without some serious setting adjustment, and managing to get the pics off the camera. They are just so huge. Oh well.

Things are going well here in the land of no sun. Despite this though, I have to admit I'm really enjoying London. Even when I am in perpetual fear of freezing my ass off. So far it's been good cause it hasn't been raining - nice change. Besides, it's not nearly as cold as Paris. Oh did I say cold, I meant fucking freezing.

This trip is going disturbingly fast. Well the days are, while on tour the nights were a bit hellish. Everything is however a blur. Amsterdam was insane, the thing that most stood out is the absolute death wish of the bicycles. They are deranged I dubbed them the suicide bikes. Germany was gooooorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Switzerland was as always stunning and, yes, it was snowing. I nearly melted my shoe shoving it too close to an open fire in an attempt to regain feeling in my toes. Paris was just...Paris. I love that city, it's just so beautiful, especially at night. The alcohol consumption continued here especially with the incessant wine offerings. You know what they say, when in Rome... More detail on everything to follow (probably) but that's the quick overview.

We had the most psychotic bus driver getting back from Dover to London, I felt so sick by the end of the trip. Luckily Abs was there to meet me..and Nik! Which was a total surprise. Awesome, of course. The three of us met online and it's so weird to have us all in one place together. I am still half expecting the world to implode with Abs and I hanging out all the time. Anywho, she's been looking after me. We went to Camden yesterday which is so fantastically fantastic (yes, I appear to be running out of adjectives). I think my brain was a bit overwhelmed with it all - so much to take in! So much to want! I got to see all the infamous hang outs and such, like the strawberry flavoured beer and The World's End which is epically cool. Not hampered in anyway by the hot barman. This morning we went on a Beatles walk which was cool, mad American tourists and all. Oh and I had my first incident of celebrity spotting. So in short, all is well. Abs is currently at her work Christmas party so I watched POTC3 with her friend Barb Now everyone knows I am a crazy Pirates/Johnny Depp fan, but that movie is just so needlessly long. No wonder I haven't really watched it again. I just keeps going!

I'm feeling a little sick to be honest. A woman on the bus was sick so I'm guessing she's passed it around. Just stuffy nose and sore throat, coughing. Bah. Then again, when aren't I feeling sick. Stupid winter.

Everyone's been so good to me here and hanging with Abs is so amazing. I mean to finally be able to talk without having to rely on msn and hang out and flail and just get things..it's been great.

And of course, everything is sprinkled with liberal amounts of Doctor Who. And now I don't have to put up with the weird looks of the others on the tour bus when, in response to the tour director's french expressions, my cry of "Allons-y!" rang out at every opportunity. What can I say, I am lame like that.

Music: I don't care - Fall Out Boy
Mood: A bit sickly
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment