Saturday, December 27, 2008

If you get caught out in the rain

I'm currently uploading the almost two thousand photos I took this trip. It raises some questions regarding my sanity and the level of my obsessions, while standing as clear evidence to my overwhelming lameness.

Consider for example the following of just some of the many random things I managed to take photos of :

Photobucket
Jack Sparrow

Photobucket
Gerard?

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one is especially lame of me -
Photobucket

I mean, really? Easily amused? Me? Oh no, not at all. Like I said, evidence of my lameness. And no forseeable change in sight. Ah well.

Keeping on with this trend, survey the bomb site that was my bed last night as I unpacked my latest acquisitions...

Photobucket

Notice the overwhelming presence of Doctor Who merchandise. There's the Season 3 dvds which Abbi got me for my birthday, as well as the top trumps cards. There's the Dalek socks I somehow aquired "for Christmas", a dalek flannel thing, and the Captain Jack action figure...couldn't resist. [I now have two Captain Jacks sauntering about my room. Beware of the Captains Jack, arrrr...god I'm losing my mind.]

Sometimes all I can do is shake my head at myself.

Also in evidence is :
- The pink/black reversible jumper I got from Camden (with thumbholes wooh!) that I realised I won't be able to wear for another four months at least. Epic sigh.
- The black and green Mat Devine gloves Abs bestowed on me, and of which I am unduly fond of.
- The Irish knitwear hat acquired at the Cliffs of Moher to prevent frostbite
- Tales of Beedle the Bard, Christmas present from Abs.
- Various books in various states of ill repair.
- A crazy sparkly thing that was given to me by a waiter in the Latin Quater of Paris for reasons still unknown.
- Blue leopard print tights
- Drawing post card things of London and Paris.
- Keychains from Amsterdam
- Playing cards featuring Roman mythology from Bath
- Earrings from Camden
- A beatles postcard, amongst others
- A degree in Scientology
- and a purse acquired from Debenhams, also "for Christmas".

All in all, I think things didn't shape up too badly at all.

In other news, so jetlagged it isn't even funny. Also still doing my best to cough up a lung...world record anyone? It's gotten worse, to the point where my muscles ache because of coughing too much. Bah, I say, bah.

Huh. It's storming like crazy all of a sudden. Ten days in London without rain, come home, not even twenty four hours later and it's pouring. Life's funny.

Music: The rain on the roof next door
Mood: Jetlagged
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm concerned about what two Captain Jacks would dream up if left alone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar thought. The one with the rum, the other with the innuendo...they're both as bad as the other really.

    ReplyDelete