Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where's your fire tonight

New music. Good books. Postcards, particularly silly ones from R. Email conversations. My parents. Regaling mum with theories on everything and anything. Spending nights laughing like an idiot and being a brat with my friends. My friends. My friends putting up with me when I know I'm being annoying. Planning trips. Travel. Writing a really good line. Driving in summer with the windows down and the music blaring. Remembering the good times. Sleeping in. Oreo curling up next to me on the couch. Moments of clarity. Having a moment of utter fangirl glee. Gigs I've been waiting ages for. Hot chocolate on winter nights. Park rides on sunny days. Blue skies. Sunsets over the ocean. That feeling you get when you finish something and you know you did well.

I love all these things. And sometimes life seems like an endless uphill battle of more things to do and less time to do it in, but as long as I can have all this, I think it's worth it.

Have you ever tried to lift a bar of gold with one hand?

And don't be told it can't be done, because the best all die young,
Yeah we all feel the same.
And if there's nothing left to say, just have the guts to disagree,
Or plaster on a face for me.

Music: Free - Twin Atlantic

No comments:

Post a Comment