Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pour a little salt we were never here

What’s all this talk about the Rapture being this Saturday? I’ve decided to watch the final S5 Supernatural episode so the irony of it will make death well worth it if does happen. It would also mean I don’t have to do any homework, so that’d be handy. But then, I think I've used the whole ‘but the world was supposed to end’ excuse for not doing work before, and it didn’t really go well…ah yes, it was when the CERN supercollider was supposed to cause a black hole and consume the planet. Destruction fail.

Let’s face it, when the world ends, there won’t be much we can do about it, so what’s the point even bothering to talk about it? I would like to have some warning, so I can go out and spend a stupid amount of money on credit I never have to pay back. And fake my own death, should my world-ending info be wrong. These things are so unreliable, honestly. It feels like it’s ending every other week! Mind you, all these natural disasters shaking up the place, maybe the 2012 thing isn’t so far-fetched. I’m glad I’m planning on going overseas before then.

Imminent destruction aside, not much to report. Had a lovely dinner with L last night after work. We are such responsible adults now…how disturbing. Tonight it’s off to uni, apparently we have a guest speaker. No idea who it is. I’ve brought an extra jacket though, so at least I won’t freezing for a change. It’s the little things.

Random observation: have you noticed it’s often the people who are so sure they are, in fact, writers who can’t write? I hope that means the insecure, neurotic tangent of us that only do it because we feel we have to, and not because we have any illusions of making a living from it, are actually capable of stringing a sentence together. There's always hope, I s’pose.

But anyway. There is just lots of uni work in my future, the plan is to get everything sorted this weekend. I’m so ready to be done with it all.

Music: Skinny Love - Bon Iver

No comments:

Post a Comment