Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fall for every empty word I say

With one or two I get used to the room
We go slow when we first make our moves
By five or six bring you out to the car
Number nine with my head on the bar
And it's sad, but true
Out of cash and I.O.U's


Sometimes I think that if I had been a boy, I'd have been Jesse Lacey. Sometimes I think that should concern me, but it doesn't. That probably says a lot about me on some psychological level, but I'm too tired for self-reflection at the moment.

I am a mere shell of a human being right now. Yesterday, after a hectic first day back at work, I met R in the city to accompany her to her university orientation at USYD - she's starting another undergrad degree this year, the brave thing. It was very hot yet again, and by the time we'd managed to get the forms sorted and stopped for milkshakes in brief air-conditioned respite (and discovered HIM doing a signing), I was spent. We stumbled along to our respective bus stops but I had to get my mum to pick me up when I arrived because I could not see myself making the three block walk to her work. I could barely get up the stairs to collapse in bed. I think the afternoon expedition just pushed my body too far, it hadn't recovered enough from Sunday's madness to withstand any exertion, regardless of how average.

I spent pretty much the entire afternoon today just sleeping, and still barely have the energy to type this. I had vague plans to go to the Gallows/AFI sideshow tonight but anything that involves movement, heat and dehydration seems idiotically stupid to undertake. I can barely stand the sunshine on my drives to and from work, just the tiniest exposure makes me feel violently ill. I have joked about it before, but I think I may actually have heat exhaustion.

Anyway, I'm just taking it easy. I have a bunch of errands to run tomorrow but it was significantly cooler today, so hopefully it'll be okay. Things must be done regardless, and as the saying goes, time waits for no man.

Brass buttons on your coat hold the cold
In the shape of a heart that they cut out of stone
You're using all your looks that you've thrown from the start
If you let me have my way I swear I'll tear you apart
Cause it's all you can be
You're a drunk and you're scared
It's ladies night, all the girls drink for free


Music: Me vs Maradona vs Elvis - Brand New
Mood: Exhausted
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment