Saturday, March 5, 2011

Never going home again

Now that Mat Devine is on Broadway in the crazy Spider-Man musical, I worry that he will amass a whole bunch of new fans. You know what I mean - it's that awkward situation where you want people to appreciate and love the things you love because they deserve it, but you also don't want to share it with the rest of the world. I'm happy that he has the opportunity to do something like this but at the same time I want to bundle him up and yell "Fuck off, we had him first!"

Laaaame.

But for the record, we did have him first. Way back when - remember the ant post? Classic.

Anyway, this is all just a thought I had as I wandered around today, window shopping and generally slouching about where I shouldn't be, looking like some wayward member of Kill Hannah's touring party. It's the only thing I like about cooler weather - military jackets, scarves, hobo gloves. And boots. Never forget the boots.

That's pretty much all I had to say. It's Mardi Gras. Go out and party.

Still we sing with our heroes, 33 rounds per minute
We're never going home until the sun says we're finished
I'll love you forever if I ever love at all
With wild hearts, blue jeans, and white t-shirts

Music: Unwanted - Kill Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment