Monday, November 22, 2010

Statues at the gate

I am having serious productivity issues. In the sense that I'm not doing much at work. Don't know why, it's not a lack of things to do, I just...can't be bothered, I suppose. Sigh. Which is why I'm sitting here on a Monday night trying to write profiles, since it's just not happening while I'm actually within work hours. Oh self, you are so frustrating sometimes.

On that note, I think I'm going to let nano go quietly into the night. I'm never going to make it without pulling some serious big numbers, and I've got tons of other stuff to write. I don't like giving up, but the last month has been pretty crazy and other stuff's been happening...look, I'm trying not to feel too horrible about it.

In other news, I have just been informed that we are going to New Zealand. Woo! My not-so-subtle suggestions have paid off. As much as going on holiday with the 'rents can be a bit of an ordeal, with much swearing that it's the last time without fail at least once, I was angling for this trip because I wanted to go before I headed to the UK and with saving for that, I can't afford a self-funded trip. Luckily, the parentals have wanted to go for a while and it all works out quite nicely now. It's a bit sentimental too I suppose, last serious quality time before I abandon them. But yay! New Zealand! I am going to Lord of the Rings fangirl all over the place. Including doing this. The aim is to fly into Christchurch, head to Queenstown and then make the journey up to Auckland. Well, that's the tentative plan at the moment. Bit ambitious for two weeks if you ask me, but we'll see. So yes, that'll be end of April. Come here travel, let me hug you.


Oh Calvin, I love you

Hours pass, and she still counts the minutes that I am not there
I swear I didn't mean for it to feel like this
Like every inch of me is bruised


Music: Bruised - Jack's Mannequin
Mood: Working
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment