Saturday, November 20, 2010

Go get your rope

It's aliiiiiiive!

Barely but just. Uni is done for the semester. Dead and defeated. Essays went in two days after I intended, but they went in. Won't get penalised for it, so who cares. I'm not entirely convinced of their quality, but then again I never am. I had a whole slew of others I was going to write for submissions and stuff, been to knackered to get round to them.

Tired is my default state these days. Last two weeks I've barely slept more than five hours a night. Not entirely unworkable, but it starts to show after a while. I've been wholly unproductive at work, a problem since there is just so much to do.

Guess I've been preoccupied.

Saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with L on Friday - my heart, my heart, and other cries of woe. This is it, you know, my childhood is officially ending. I still don't know how anyone who hasn't read the books has any idea what's going on though. Yesterday, I caught up with a uni friend to see Red. It was quite enjoyable, but I was just pleased to find Karl Urban starring in it. Wearing a suit no less. He completely won me over at Supanova last year, such a nice guy.

Spent the evening at R's in excellent company, playing poker for genres and devouring too many m&ms. I won the first round so I didn't feel too guilty eating my 'chips'. Unsurprisingly, it rapidly descended into chaos, and by midnight we were nursing snap related injuries. I'm bleeding! Look at my hand! Your nail stabbed me! It's your ring!  So we've learnt that we can get quite viscous when it comes to snap, and really we are still 12 on the inside. Cards everywhere!

Admittedly, I don't think I was the best of company. Bit tired, bit out of it, bit grumpy. I was running late for everything, which didn't really help matters much. And I had three venti quadruple shot lattes and no food till 8pm, so maybe not surprising that I was weird and twitchy.

I had big plans of catching up on all that missed sleep today but my brain had other ideas. I haven't slept that badly in weeks. Will try to put a dent in my nano total today as I realised I essentially have 10 days to write 48 000 words. Suspect it's a bit of a lost cause. Wait and see I suppose.

Even if I lay my head down at night
After a day I got perfectly right
You won't know

Music: You won't know - Brand New
Mood: Blah
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment