Thursday, August 1, 2013

Do you know what epic means?

A couple of weeks ago, F showed me a film. One I'd never heard of. The Fall. How it escaped me, I don't know, but it has captured my heart completely.


I love this film. I love everything about it, from it's gorgeous opening scene through to the last heart-wrenching 20 minutes. I love the cinematography, specifically the use of colour. All the little scenes dotted throughout, the visual cues that repeat later and form this cohesive whole. The interweaving storytelling technique, playing on so many tropes while revitalising them in these little new, unique ways. I love how the story is, at it's crux, so simple, so innately human. And I love how it hurts, just right. How it made me tear up the first time, and still has me tearing up now, after repeated viewing. It's so clever, and innocent, and raw, and beautiful, and magnificent.

It's definitely a new favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment