Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Mum Appreciation™ Post

I've just finished a 3 hour, 45 minute and 89 second long Skype call with my mum - a new record, I think. It's just made me so happy. I love my mum. I love that her reaction to my question if it's stupid do another undergrad degree was to say "No of course not, you have to do what you feel you want to do." I love that her response to my worrying about shipping my possession back to Australia was to tell me to stop fixating on nonsense - "Just focus on enjoying your time there and making the most of it."

I love the relationship I have with my mum, how close we are. I feel like I can trust her with anything, even things she may not necessarily approve of, and I know that she'll always be on my side. Even if I did something horrible...which, you know, I'm not planning on doing, but it's nice to have backup! I love that we can disagree about things but respect each others opinions (even though I really think she needs to stop using Internet Explorer because, come on). And I love how utterly insanely silly we can be. It's being able to laugh with each other and have fun 99.9% of the time that makes all the difference, really.


(PS. I just called her back because I forgot to say something before - so that's another 13 minutes, 31 seconds to add to today's Skype effort.)

Music: Acetate - Volcano Choir

No comments:

Post a Comment