Thursday, July 15, 2010

So you know that you're never on your own

I'm yet again sitting here, at a loss what to do. I'm fairly sure this isn't meant to happen and it makes me uneasy. What am I forgetting? WHAT? Is it all going to come crashing down on me at the last minute? I feel the answer to that will most probably be a resounding yes. I've got a meeting at 11 that I must try not to forget. And I have reception cover at 12.15. Bah. I like being in my little office where no one bothers me and I can sing along to my ipod (which I haven't charged, but hopefully half a battery will get me there.) I finally have speakers for it too, which is better than blasting through my earphones at least.

Yesterday I had the dubious honour of shifting through a bunch of image transparencies (or trannies for short - don't google that) of the magazines first five issues looking for specific projects and profiles. I found most of them, and earned a pounding headache for my trouble. I felt like a historian though, or like I was in a movie, squinting through that enlarger thing and holding stuff up to the light. It started off rather amusing. Still, glad we have digital technology. It's much easier just to ask the computer to search. I also reorganised our magazine stash, and am now contemplating organising the rest of the shelves. There's so much crap around the office that isn't even ours. I'm half tempted to chuck it all out, or get the warehouse to take it. I've earned the warehouse managers respect, so she'll do it for me I'm sure. It's always nice when people are willing to help you out with random crap.

Hmmm. I'm always chipper on a Thursday though, no idea why. Baffles me. Perhaps I've just been pushed so far to the brink of insanity by the earlier days, and Friday brings me back with the promise of weekend. Who knows?

Anyway, in non-work related news, we go Martha back yesterday. Ugh the poor thing. My dad isn't very happy with the job they did, so I said he can take it back to them, but I don't know what he wants me to do about it. Surprisingly, he has not been as grumpy about the entire incident as I had anticipated, though I know this will come back to bite me in future arguments (especially driving arguments...of which there are many). Ahem.

Oh, my editor is quite happy for me to apply for a press pass to WorldCon. That should be pretty cool if I'm approved.

Now I better email someone and see if they know why my email is having a little fit.

Music: Bonnie Taylor Shakedown - Hellogoodbye
Mood: Cold
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment